Hide-a-way Hills | Southwest Ontario
Ontario Staycation Tax Credit 2022
Ontario residents planning a getaway in Ontario in 2022 could get back up to 20% on eligible accommodation expenses with the new, temporary Ontario Staycation Tax Credit.
The temporary Ontario Staycation Tax Credit is a personal income tax credit for eligible Ontario residents to claim 20% of qualified accommodation expenses for vacations taken between January 1-December 31, 2022 in Ontario, up to a maximum of $1,000 for an individual and $2,000 for a family. So that translates to a maximum savings of $200 or $400, respectively.
Apply for the Ontario Staycation Tax Credit
Residents of Ontario who take a leisure trip in the province and stay at an eligible accommodation can apply for this refundable credit when they file their 2022 personal income tax returns. Learn more about eligible accommodations at ontario.ca/staycation.
Safely discover Ontario and follow public health advice. For the most up-to-date information, please visit: covid-19.ontario.ca.
Get Ideas for Your Next Trip
There’s a wide range of amazing accommodations that will make your stay in Ontario as unique and memorable as your experiences.
- Family Getaway Ideas in Ontario: From seasonal day trips to road trips, Ontario was made for fall family fun.
- Romantic Getaways Ideas in Ontario: Looking for date night ideas or a weekend getaway idea? Rekindle the flame as you rediscover Ontario.
- Friends’ Getaway Ideas in Ontario: Catch up with the girls, guys or your favourite group of friends on a Halloween-themed getaway in Ontario.
- Ontario Fishing Lodges & Resorts: Ontario is home to some of the most exciting freshwater fishing in the world. From fly-in wilderness outposts and all-inclusive lodges to charter fishing operations, there are endless year-round angling opportunities. Plan your next fishing trip in Ontario.
More Ways to Stay
- Find more hotel options in Ontario through the Hotel Association of Canada’s Check-in Canada.
- Search over 100 unique properties offering vacations in all four seasons and from luxury to budget-friendly with Resorts of Ontario.
- Family camping adventures await at one of Ontario’s Private Campgrounds or at Ontario Parks.
Last updated: September 29, 2022