Who We Are
Destination Ontario is the lead tourism marketing organization for Ontario, Canada. We market Ontario to travel consumers within Ontario, Canada and around the world. We inspire travellers to make Ontario a must-see destination on their travel list and to return to the beauty of Ontario again and again. Key to our success is working collaboratively with our tourism partners to benefit from shared content, joint partnerships and delivering a visitor-first approach to our marketing.
Established in 1999, Destination Ontario, legally the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation, is an agency of the Government of Ontario’s Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries.
To generate increased visitation by Ontario, Canadian and international tourists, enhance tourism expenditures in Ontario, and contribute to provincial economic prosperity through impactful marketing and results oriented investment partnerships.
Destination Ontario is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of business leaders who are appointed by Ontario’s Lieutenant Governor in Council, based on recommendations from the Minister of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries.
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors please visit the Government of Ontario’s Public Appointments Secretariat site for more information.
Destination Ontario is guided by the executive leadership of a diverse, accomplished and driven group of individuals who collectively support the entire Destination Ontario team.
Destination Ontario is governed by Ontario Regulation 618/98 under the Development Corporations Act. Its mandate, as provided for in the regulation, is:
- to market Ontario as a travel destination;
- to undertake joint marketing initiatives with the tourism industry;
- to support and assist the marketing efforts of the tourism industry; and
- in cooperation with the tourism industry, the Government of Ontario, other governments and other agencies of governments, to promote Ontario as a travel destination.
The following principles support the mandate:
- Destination Ontario is to lead the marketing of Ontario as a travel destination nationally and internationally;
- Destination Ontario and regional organizations are to work together to market travel within Ontario;
- Destination Ontario is to deliver marketing services that contribute to regional and economic development;
- Destination Ontario is to become a centre of excellence supporting provincial marketing; and
- Destination Ontario is to engage in partnerships to support the above objectives.